Host University：Tianjin University of Technology
Tianjin University of Technology (TUT), one of the key universities in Tianjin, islocated in Tianjin city, one of the four municipalities in China. Tianjin is a highly developed city with a convenient transportation system, advanced industry and commerce and an international cultural atmosphere. It is only 74 miles from Beijing, the political and cultural center of China, and has the advantage of a significantly lower cost of living than that of nearby Beijing. Together with its pleasant atmosphere and convenient conditions for learning standard Chinese spoken language, Tianjin is an excellent location for overseas students.
TUT is an engineering based multi-discipline university balancing the development of science, engineering, humanities and management disciplines. It has a professional teaching team, excellent teaching installations and a comfortable learning atmosphere.
TUT is among the earliest recommended Chinese-learning institutions by the Ministry of Education of China and is specified by the Confucius Institute Headquarters to be a host institution to admit international students who are awarded Confucius Institute Scholarship. So far, international students from more than 50 countries have come to study at TUT and the university has presently productive cooperation with many universities and educational institutions abroad.
The School of Chinese Language and Culture at TUT (known earlier as College of International Education), a school established especially for recruiting international students for TUT, offers programs in intensive Chinese language study and degree programs in various fields of language, science, engineering, management, literature, art and law.
Warmlywelcome to TUT！
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens aged from 16 to 35and in good health with no criminal record.
2. Applicants are required to meet the criteria of different 2016Confucius Institute Scholarship categories.
II. Categories and Specific Criteria:
1-academic-year Scholarship：September, 2017
1-semester Scholarship:Either on September,2017 or March, 2018.
Application is open to overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students who plan to take Master in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. International students who are now studying in China are not eligible for the scholarship.Applicants should have a minimum score of 270 in HSK 3 and 60 in HSKK test (Beginner Level);
Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China. Application is open to Application is open to overseas Chinese language teachers, students registered with Confucius Institute (classroom) planned to study Bachelor in Chinese Language.Applicants should have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 60 in HSKK (Beginner Level).
III. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1.Scholarship winners are exempt from tuition, dormitory fees on campus, and areprovided with monthly allowance and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China.
2. Monthly allowance for 1-semester Scholarship and 1-academic-year Scholarship students at the following rates (Chinese RMB per month): RMB 2,500.
IV. Time and Application Procedure
Deadline: May 19th, 2017
1.Applicants should enter the website (http://cis.chinese.cn) to register, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form, and upload the scanned relevant supporting documents.
2.The contact information and documents provided by the applicants should be complete, true and accurate.
3.Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. The admission results will be informed to Tianjin University of Technology and the recommending institutes.
4.Tianjin University of Technology will post the Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Foreigner to Study in China (JW202)and other relevant documents to the recommending institutes after confirming with the selected candidates.
V. Registration and Annual Appraisal
1. The scholarship winners must register with School of Chinese Language and Culture at Tianjin University of Technology before the deadline set by TUT. Scholarships will not be kept for those who do not register on time;
2. Scholarships will be cancelled for those who cannot pass the physical examination;
If you have any questions, please contact us:
School of Chinese Language and Culture
Tianjin University of Technology
Address: Room 101, Building No.20, No. 391 Bin Shui Xi Dao Road,Xiqing District, Tianjin 300384, China
Tel: +86-22—60214346(Office Hour: 8:30am to 5:00pm Beijing Time, Monday toFriday)
Fax: +86-22-60214343(Office Hour:8:30am to 5:00pm Beijing Time, Monday to Friday)
1. Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2. Applicants will be disqualified from application in case offraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3. Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4. Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take school ing suspension during the study.