School of Chinese Language and Culture of Tianjin University of Technology (TUT) offers 2 to 9 weeks of intensive Chinese language summer/winter courses every year for international students at all proficiency levels of the Chinese language (beginner, elementary, intermediate, good, advanced) from all over the world. Small classes, affordable cost, free native Chinese student language partners, experienced teachers.
Summer courses generally start at the end of June and ends at the end of August. (If you cannot participate the course from the beginning, you may apply to join a class in the middle between this period unless you are a complete beginner of the Chinese language.)
Winter courses are also offered, and generally start in the beginning of January and ends at the beginning of February. (If you cannot participate the course from the beginning, you may apply to join a class in the middle between this period unless you are a complete beginner of the Chinese language.)
Please contact the International Student Office by email to any of the following email addresses for the latest information:
Tele: +86-22-60214346; +86-22-23679472 (8:30am to 5:00pm Beijing Time, Monday to Friday)
Expenses (1 US Dollar equals about 7 Chinese RMB):
i. Registration Fee: RMB 400 (about $57)
ii. Tuition Fee:
* Tuition Fee for the Regular Classes:
2-weeks: RMB 615（about $88）/per week
3-weeks: RMB 547（about $81）/per week
4-weeks: RMB 513（about $74）/per week
5-weeks: RMB 492（about $71）/per week
6-weeks: RMB 479（about $69）/per week
7-weeks: RMB 469（about $67）/per week
8-weeks: RMB 462（about $66）/per week
9-weeks: RMB 456（about $65）/per week
(4 class hours a day, 5 days a week.)
* Tuition Fee for the Mini-classes:
1 (student) on 1 (teacher) class; RMB80 (about $11) /per class hour;
2 on 1 class; RMB70 (about $10) /per class hour/per student;
3 on 1 class; RMB50 (about $7) /per class hour/per student;
4 on 1 class; RMB40 (about $5.7) /per class hour/per student;
5 on 1 class; RMB35 (about $5) /per class hour/per student.
(2-4 class hours a day, 5 days a week. For 2/3/4/5 on 1 class.)
iii. Textbooks: about RMB 100 (about $15)
iv. Accommodation Fee:
RMB 50 (about $7) / per day/ per bed
RMB 100 (about $14.3) / per day
* The numbers of US dollars in the brackets are for your reference, and you may check on the Internet for current exchange rate.
* The International Student Dormitory is open to service for 24 hours a day and you may check in anytime when you arrive on campus.
* The office hour of the International Student Office is from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. After you have settled down at the International Student Dormitory, you may come to the Office for registration.